RTL Ventures will today announce that it has increased its stake in e-learning business Dutch Learning Company from 79% to 100% with effect from 1 August.
Vincent Pieterson, Investment Manager at RTL Ventures: “This complete takeover of Dutch Learning Company strengthens our position in the growing e-learning and e-health markets. As 100% stakeholder, it is even easier to achieve synergy between RTL and DLC in terms of expanding the DLC portfolio and further developing the e-health brand iedereenEHBO.nl.”
Co-founder Jos Collignon will leave the company with effect from 1 January 2016 to continue as an independent entrepreneur.
- In December 2013, RTL Ventures acquired a 37.3% stake in Dutch Learning Company (DLC). This was increased to 79% in January 2015.
- DLC pioneered first-aid courses for the commercial and consumer market in the Netherlands and is now the largest online provider in this field.
- On the consumer market, DLC operates under the iedereenEHBO.nl brand.
- The first-aid courses DLC offers are based on the blended learning principle: using e-learning to study the theory at home at any time and then practising the knowledge acquired at one of the 20 course locations spread across the Netherlands.
- The DLC Dutch-language courses focusing on First-Aid for Adults and First-Aid for Babies and Children have been certified by the Red Cross.
- In the first six months of 2015, more than 4,000 people earned a Red Cross-certified diploma at iedereenEHBO.nl.
- In the autumn of 2015, the portfolio of online courses will be extended to include a resuscitation course (Pediatric Basic Life Support (PBLS)).